Saturday, January 15, 2011

Short and Bittersweet

In my past life, before Christ, I lived as I wanted, answered to no one. I was full of pride and walked in the spirit of independence. I thought of myself as a righteous, self-made, battle scarred warrior princess who didn't need anybody.

Then the Lord humbled me.

I lost my mind, literally. For seven days and seven nights I had no sleep. I saw things, felt......the unexplainable. I have never been so terrified in all my life. Neither have I been so overwhelmed by the awesome love and beauty of God. It was transformational; I haven't been the same since.

The enemy is the great deceiver, and he blinded me; had me thinking wrong about so many things, namely that my walk with God was good enough. Sure, I believed in God, prayed now and then. Even went to church regularly. But belief was not enough to save me.

When I came back from "my time away" as I have come to call it, I got right to work in getting right with God. That's where I am today, repenting and regenerating to become a new creature in Christ.


No comments: