Sunday, January 16, 2011

Meditation Minute: Jimjilbang

Been thinking of what I will miss in Korea. The bath house or "jimjilbang" (찜질방) is an experience I will not soon forget. It was Rio's favorite place as well. When we first arrived last year in March, the steaming baths warmed my bones and Rio just loved being able to run around naked, plopping in and splashing about from one pool to another.

Upstairs was the common area where folks lounged about. We gobbled up noodles while watching Korean dubbed American movies on the portable DVD player. The best part for me was The Happy Time massage chairs.
I formed intimate relationships with them all. They gave me so much. I often felt I owed them more than a mere $1.00. Consistently reliable, they went deep and strong for as long as I desired. I don't smoke, but if I did I'd light up after 10 minutes sitting in a Happy Time chair. They make me feel so......well, happy.

Loved the DIY salt exfoliant scrub down. FYI - be sure to check for open wounds before using. Salt first, then shave.

No comments: